Yahoo accounts hacking updates
Yahoo finally admits that around 3 billion accounts got hacked in the 2013 data breach. It was one the biggest ever hack till date and so many users lost their data during that hack. So many yahoo accounts impacted during this hack but yahoo has mentioned that so many accounts were inactive.
As per the further reports yahoo mentioned that more than 1 billion accounts were compromised in the 2013. Many yahoo users are having multiple accounts so way fewer than 3 billion affected but theft ranks were too high. This is the reason why Yahoo had to cut down the price of their assets in a sale to Verizon. Just because of that Verizon deducted its offer by 350 million dollars for yahoo assets. When the deal closed at that time company paid $4.48 billion for yahoo’s core business.
The major issue is that companies mostly don’t have such systems to cater all the information related to hackers. So that the company can investigate about such information in order to track hackers. But its quick difficult to guess right now that what exactly they access during the biggest hack.
Stay tuned for more updates related to yahoo accounts and other Latest Web Technology News updates.
Have a look at the few other top tech news of the day:
- As per the study sometimes few Smartphone notifications can spoil your mood to some extent.
- Now Google is aiming to make even smarter phones along with camera and speakers.
- RBI has finally issued new guidelines for PayTm and others.
- Sale is going strong on almost every e-commerce platform and they are giving discounts of 25% and above.
- Airtel is giving away big offers to prepaid users and offering 84GB data at just Rs 799.
Have a look at few quick links: