TRAI plans something really big and it’ll cut down your TV bill very soon:
We have already witnessed certain changes in the bill plans of DTH operators. Now we’ve got the rights to pick the channels as per our choice, still we’re paying huge amounts to DTH operators. Considering so many things in favor of users, TRAI is coming up with some amazing moves. Let’s see what exactly is in the stores for DTH users, but it will surely cut down your TV bills.
Last December, TRAI made compulsory to choose the channels they want to see and pay for them all the channels are getting priced individually. Still the plan hadn’t worked out this new scheme has led to several complaints like rates have actually gone up. The TRAI official conceded that the regulator’s move did not play out the way authority had earlier expected.
TRAI’s latest move will come after the change in the tariff scheme of making pricing of TV channels transparent.
“A consultation paper is in the work of reducing the broadcasting tariffs,” a TRAI official said, asking not to be named. “We will have to see what kind of mechanism can be adapted to do so,” he added, without giving specific details on possible ways in which the tariffs could be cut.
Stay tuned for more updates on TRAI Plans and other Latest Web Technology News.
Have a look at few quick links:
- Now live bus, train location tracking via Google Maps
- Broadband users, TRAI has a good news for you
- Now Desktop support for Android messages
- TVs that you can consider under Rs 40,000
Have a look at few top tech news of the day:
- As per the recent update, Facebook removes around 3 billion fake accounts.
- Instagram has clarified that the app hasn’t accessed any emails or phone numbers wrongly.
- Now the biggest photo sharing app Instagram supports landscape mode on IGTV videos.