Indian Railways to provide free Wi-Fi
Now this is going to be an initiative to keep the momentum of digital India alive by the Indian Government. Now Indian railway is going to provide free Wi-Fi on almost all the railway stations across this country. As a part of digital India initiative, government has already provided the services at 216 major railway stations. And so many users are making the most of this free internet facility through Wi-Fi.
As per the reports, government is going to invest around 110 million dollars on this project, that’s a massive one. Internet is really becoming so important for almost every individual and keeping this in mind, government is taking this step. This facility will be there for all the stations in rural and remote areas.
Government is planning to target around 600 railway stations with this facility by the end of March’18. And the major target is to capture around 8500 stations by the end of March’19. Incase this will be successful; this is going to be a massive achievement for the Indian government.
Stay tuned for more updates on Indian Railways and other Latest Web Technology News updates.
Have a look at few quick links:
- Remember before using Public Wi-Fi
- Air India may offer free Wi-Fi
- Driverless trains will be there soon
- It’s time for driverless buses
- Air Purifiers sales rise due to high pollution
- Optical internet cables help in earthquakes
- You don’t need internet data to use PayTm E-wallet services
Have a look at few top tech news of the day:
- Amazon is coming up with Nokia week and offering massive discounts on Nokia 6 and Nokia 8, grab now.
- Honor is going to launch a Smartphone with dual front and rear camera in India this coming month.
- Acer has recently launched world’s thinnest laptop at CES 2018.
- LG has recently launched a rollable TV at CS 2018.
- Airtel is trying hard to capture the industry which is with Reliance Jio and offering massive discounts.