Facebook isn’t collecting Aadhaar data
It’s been few days, users were talking about latest update about Facebook wherein Facebook was about to collect Aadhaar data. But recently an official has cleared that this isn’t true and Facebook isn’t going to collect any kind of Aadhaar data.
Product manager of Facebook has explained that we were testing a feature wherein it’ll be easy to recognize your friends. The major motive of this test was just to make sure about how to sign up with their real names. And otherwise company has no wrong intentions to collect the user’s Aadhaar data.
As per the reports, Facebook simply asked for the first and last name mentioned on the Aadhaar card, nothing else. This will really help few Facebook friends to recognize their friends. Facebook is really working hard in order to make this social media giant on top of everything. After collaboration with WhatsApp and Instagram, this biggest social media giant is consistently working hard for their updates. Recently Facebook has launched a feature wherein you can add your Instagram contact in your messenger.
Stay tuned for more updates on Aadhaar data and other Latest Web Technology News updates.
Have a look at few quick links:
- Now watch Facebook Videos on Smart TV
- You may send cash via Facebook soon
- Facebook achieves milestone
- Have a look at Facebook features
- Facebook Live Video for Desktop
- Social media addiction costing creativity
- Biggest technology brands of the world
- Facebook planning ‘expiry’ for your posts
Have a look at few top tech news of the day:
- Telecom dept has suggested finance ministry that GST on telecom services should be around 12% against the existing 18%.
- Big Basket is making a huge impact in FY17 by crossing around Rs 1000 crores.
- Now E commerce companies have to display MRP from Jan 1 otherwise they will be liable for fine.
- Google photos have started showing short videos on “Smiles of 2017”.